Sunday, May 24, 2009

Little Gotchas and findings so far (iPhone)

A couple notes on my findings so far with iPhone development. First off, having been away from C based languages, I forgot that system headers show up in <>'s (#Import ) and that custom classes show up in ""'s (#import "Myclass.h"). Had an issue with that for a short time. Another thing I found was that if you forget a semi-colon in xCode, it is not very good at pinpointing this so it can cause weird messages... so always do a rough check to see if you are missing them (especially if you normally code in a language that does not use them). Something that also caught me, in xCode, when you create outlets and actions that you are going to use in interface builder, you must save in xCode before popping into interface builder so that they show up. I also had a little bit of issues with creating multi-view applications, so I will post on that later when I have more to say on handling that.

No comments:

Post a Comment